“Management, Digital and Educational Skills” Research Laboratory Regulations, Department of Business Administration, School of Economics & Business Administration, University of Thessaly
Management, Digital and Educational Skills LABORATORY
In accordance with current legislation andprovisions, the Department of Business Administration can establish and operate research laboratories that focus on its subject and research area, in order to promote its research.
The “Management, Digital and Educational Skills” Laboratory is established in the Department of Business Administration (DBA), School of Economics and Business Administration, University of Thessaly (UTh). Its aim is to support teaching and research needs in competences and skills development.
The present Internal Regulation determines the operation of the Laboratory, as outlined in the following articles.
Mission- Aim, Activities
The Laboratory supports the DBA’s educational and research needs that focus on the development of employee competences required in modern businesses and organisations. The Laboratory focuses on the competencies required by businesses and organisations, such as administrative, digital, research and educational skills. The primary objective of the laboratory is the use of innovative methods for the development of new skills, taking into account the importance of staff training and retraining in new skills required in the labour market.
More specifically, the objectives of the Laboratory are the following:
Ι. EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
1) Education (theoretical and practical training) at undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral level. The focus is on:
a) administrative skills (entrepreneurship, innovation, launching new businesses, decision-making, teamwork, agile management, etc.),
b) digital skills (information systems development, software development, industry 4.0, the internet of things, data analysis, etc.) applied to businesses,
c) research skills (research programs management, research strategies development, market research, product design and development, etc.), and
d) educational skills (developing new professional profiles, innovative educational programs development, evaluation of educational quality, educational skills certification, personalised education, experiential education, etc.)
2) supporting other Departments of the University of Thessaly or other Universities’ undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programmes, when possible and if requested by these Departments.
3) supporting doctoral studies and postdoctoral research
ΙΙ. RESEARCH OBJECTIVES
1) Cooperation with Greek and foreign academic institutions, research centers and other scientific bodies in areas and topics of common interest
2) Conducting research and research programs either independently or in collaboration with other institutions or Higher Education Institutions (in Greece or abroad)
3) Organizing tasks, lectures, seminars, symposia, and other meetings and events with Greek and foreign experts in competence building.
4) Collecting, storing, processing and publishing research data
5) Developing a network with the aim of accessing potential research participants
ΙΙΙ. CONNECTION WITH THE COMMUNITY
1) Developing innovative administrative, digital and management skills for businesses and organisations.
2) Providing open educational programs, and platforms for the provision of educational programs.
3) Producing and publishing educational material and publications in the form of books, articles or journals.
4) Cooperating with international and national organisations, scientific societies and associations focusing on skills-building in Greece and other countries
5) Collaborating with organisations focusing on open source software, open data and games focusing on intelligence and data.
6) Cooperation with organisations / bodies that create and use data.
7) Providing consultation on issues related to the subject areas in accordance with current legislation.
The Laboratory staff shall be members of the University Academic staff, Laboratory Teaching Staff, Special Teaching staff, Special Technical Research staff, and Αdministrative staff of the Department of Business Administration and the School of Economics and Business Administration. The above-mentioned staff already work at the University of Thessaly (eg Academic staff, Laboratory Teaching Staff, Administrative staff) and therefore, no additional expenditure for employee salaries is required.
1) The Head of the “Management, Digital and Educational Skills Lab” is a member of the DBA Academic staff that is elected in accordance with article 29, Law 4485/2017 (Government Gazette 114/04.08.2017, Issue Α΄), and current provisions.
2) The Head is replaced, in case of absence, leave or other circumstances, by a member of the Academic staff with a related subject area, and in particular by the most senior member of the Academic staff starting from the first academic rank to the academic rank of Assistant Professor.
3) The Head has the responsibilities defined in article 7 of Law 1268/1982 (Government Gazette 87/16.07.1982, Issue A) along with the provisions of paragraph 5a of article 80 of Law 4009/2011 (Government Gazette 195/06.09.2011, Issue. A) and additionally:
a) coordinates the Laboratory’s educational and research work
b) is responsible for managing the Laboratory's finances
c) ensures that the Laboratory has the staff required, in accordance with the provisions of the current legislation
e) is responsible for the allocation of the Laboratory space
f) submits an annual report of the Laboratory's activities
g) makes recommendations to the Department regarding the necessary equipment to be obtained, addressing shortages or damage, and, utilizes every legal (public or private) source of funding (from Greece or abroad) available, if the Department or the UTh cannot do so.
h) makes recommendations to the Department regarding those responsible for supplies and the installation, maintenance, and repair of damaged equipment
i) appoints one of the members of the Laboratory as Deputy Head in case of leave, absence or other circumstances
j) supervises the Laboratory Staff
k) signs every document used by the Laboratory and, in general, is responsible for the regular and efficient operation of the Laboratory.
The “Management, Digital and Educational Skills Laboratory” operates during opening times, in accordance with the University of Thessaly Regulations in the space allocated for the installation of the equipment necessary to support the Laboratory’s teaching, research aims and relevant activities.
The Laboratory will be based on the premises of the Department of Business Administration of the University of Thessaly. A sign will be placed with the title of the Laboratory, in the following format and alignment
Department of Business Administration
Management, Digital and Educational Skills Laboratory
The Laboratory will be equipped with the Department’s equipment and materials.
Regulations for the Operation of the Laboratory
1) The Head must be informed prior to the commencement of any task that takes place in the Laboratory for the purposes of a research program or other project/ action and/or meeting that has been decided and approved, and determines the priority for the use of the Laboratory and equipment, if no relevant decision has been made.
2) The Head is responsible for the operation of the Laboratory, the use of its equipment, the presence of individuals (staff, students, visitors) in the Laboratory, the observance of health and safety rules, as well as the protection of the equipment and facilities.
3) Only the Laboratory staff or other researchers authorised by the Head are allowed to use the Laboratory’s equipment.
4) The equipment given for educational and research project purposes shall be returned in the same condition as when received.
5) In the event of damage or loss, the person to whom the equipment was given is responsible for the repair.
6) The Assembly of the TDE may amend the Regulations for the Operation of the "Management, Digital and Educational Skills Laboratory” so that it can better respond to the Laboratory’s educational and research needs.
The Laboratory’s income comes from:
1) bequests, donations and any other kind of financial support from natural and legal persons inGreece or abroad passedon to the UTh for Laboratory’saims.
2) participation in Greek, European or international programmes
3) providing services in accordance with Article 1, paragraph 1 and Articles 2 and 3 of the PD 159/1984 (Government Gazette 53/27.04.1984, Issue. Α΄)
4) providingeducational, researchandgenerallyscientificproductsandservices
5) organising conferences, training programmes, seminars, workshops, symposia and summer schools
6) contributions and funding from international organisations, public or private companies and legal or natural personals in Greece or abroad.
7)Conductingresearch, educational, trainingandotherscientificeventsfortheLaboratoryorthird party (e.g. FirstandSecondlevelLocalAuthorities, NGO, otherGreekorforeignHEIetc) and
8) Other legal sources.
Therefore, the Laboratory shall operate with its own income and shall not use the University’s budget or funding.
1) The “Management, Digital and Educational Skills Laboratory” keeps the following books, records and documents (in electronic or/and printed form):
a) A protocol for incoming and outgoing correspondence (printed or electronic).
b) A record of annual financial data
c) A record of assets
d) A list of books, journals and other printed or electronic material and equipment
e) A record of research programmes
f) A record of the Staff’s academic activities
g) A record of employees
2) other books or records, in electronic or printed form may also be kept, if deemed necessary for the operation of Laboratory, after the Head’s approval.
1) The title of the Lab is «Εργαστήριο Διοικητικών, ΨηφιακώνκαιΕκπαιδευτικών Ικανοτήτων», translated into English as “Laboratory of Management, Digital, Research and Educational Skills” and is included in all its documents.
2) For the best possible and coherent promotion of its scientific work and activities, the Laboratory shall use its visual identity (banner/logo) either in Greek or English on the documents and its communications in Greece and abroad.
3) The Head is responsible for the Laboratory logo. The Head can assign the task of the creation of the logo (in Greek and English) to natural persons or agencies (e.g. creative agencies) in Greece and/ or abroad.
4) The Laboratory shall use the same stamp as the one used by the DBA along with its title, on the documents and generally its communications in Greece. The Laboratory will use a similar stamp with its details in English on the documents and generally its communications abroad.
The Laboratory activities comply with the University of Thessaly Code of conduct, especially with regards to research ethics.
Entry into force
This regulation comes into force following its publication in the Government Gazette.